|Job Title||Payment Posting (Medical Billing)|
|Location||American Ambulance, Miami, FL|
|Department||Billing / Collections|
|Reports to||Billing Manager|
The Payment Posting is responsible for inputting the daily deposits in a timely, organized and efficient manner. This position will ultimately be accountable for inputting information provided by the bank into the CAD terminal to the identified specific accounts and ensure the total amounts balance on a daily basis to the bank deposit. Cash Poster will also be responsible for posting denials received on EOB’s.
The Payment Posting will be responsible to keep up to date on daily deposits by not being more than 3 business days behind on average for posting the daily deposits. At the end of the month, the Cash Poster will have to close and balance all deposits for the previous accounting month and ensure all denials are posted that were received in that accounting period.
- Post and balance bulk payments from all payor classes to patient accts
- Post Credit Card transactions once the money is in the bank
- Post adjustment according to the payment rate at the time of service when required by and all contracted payors and government payors
- Run reports for posting total and balance with daily deposits
- Post and reconcile monthly collection agency payments
- Post and reconcile zero balance EOB’s- When insurance companies recoup/pay in bulk and no payment is received
- Print and post EOB’s for daily EFT’s
- Post denial transactions from the EOB’s received
- Note patient accounts when needed
- Other duties as assigned by Billing Management
- At times, mandatory overtime may be required with short notice
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to adequately perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma and two years of Medical Billing and Collection experience
- Must be computer literate
- Skilled in data entry
- Ability to type a minimum of 45 wpm
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, in a professional manner when dealing with employees and management
- Ability to work independently of direct supervision
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Display a willingness to work as a team player
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize their importance
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel objects, keyboards, or phones, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is primarily required to sit and type. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Environmental Conditions: Except where appropriate and conducive to accomplishing the goals and objectives of a particular task (such as in an emergency situation) the Cash Poster will work in a well lighted area that is ventilated and is as physically and psychologically innocuous as possible under the conditions which exist at a particular time. To be qualified for the position of Cash Poster, an applicant/employee will have the ability to work in an environment conducive to allowing high productivity, with reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to self or others.
The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.