|Job Title||Insurance Verification (Medical Billing)|
|Location||American Ambulance, Miami, FL|
|Department||Billing / Collections|
|Reports to||Billing Manager|
The Insurance Verification (Medical Billing) is responsible for managing a large caseload of Patient Care Reports in a timely, organized and efficient manner. This position will be accountable for accurate review of patient accounts, verification of insurance information provided on Patient Care Reports and data entry of patient demographic information.
Insurance Verification (Medical Billing) will have a productivity standard individualized for their specific area they are responsible for. The productivity standard will be monitored by the manager and must be maintained by the invoice on an on-going basis.
At times, mandatory overtime may be required with short notice.
The Insurance Verification (Medical Billing) may be assigned one or more duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review CAD and screen for documentation of special billing instructions
- Have knowledge of how to identify MVA and WC related transports
- Understand signature requirements and have the ability to recognize valid vs. invalid signature types
- Review PCR for insurance information, medical necessity and other pertinent information in relation to billing
- Navigate through attachments to locate insurance information that may have been provided at the time of service
- Verify insurance information via online resources, as well as by telephone
- Select and add appropriate payor to patient accounts
- Attempt to initiate contact with patients when insurance information is not provided at the time of service
- Skip trace using online tools
- Fax face sheet requests when applicable
- Data entry of patient demographics
- Other duties as assigned by Billing Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to adequately perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma and/or two years of Medical Billing and Collection experience.
- Must be computer literate.
- Skilled in data entry.
- Ability to type a minimum of 45 wpm.
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, in a professional manner when dealing with employees and management.
- Ability to work independently of direct supervision.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Display a willingness to work as a team player
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize their importance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel objects, keyboards, or phones, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is primarily required to sit and type. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Except where appropriate and conducive to accomplishing the goals and objectives of a particular task (such as in an emergency situation) the Verification Representative will work in a well lighted area that is ventilated and is as physically and psychologically innocuous as possible under the conditions which exist at a particular time. To be qualified for the position of Verification Representative, an applicant/employee will have the ability to work in an environment conducive to allowing high productivity, with reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to self or others.
The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. This document in no way constitutes a contract of employment. Falck reserves the right to modify job descriptions, policies or any other procedural documents at any time, for any reason without prior notice.