|Location||Cape Cod Ambulance, MA|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time, Night Shift, Weekends|
The dispatcher functions primarily as a call-taker telecommunicator and is responsible for receiving, recording and effectively managing requests for ambulance assistance/transport from various sources. The dispatcher will offer pre-arrival instructions as indicated.
Dispatchers shall be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Allocates EMS resources properly as the need arises by application of appropriate decision making rules and approved protocols.
- Responsible and accountable for completeness and accuracy of paperwork related to his/her position prior to completion of shift.
- Responsible for accurate and complete data entry for the shift. This will also include State Run Report data entry as assigned.
- Responsible for generating applicable reports and checking for accuracy
- Maintain a calm, non-emotional and professional atmosphere in the Communications Center at all times.
- Maintain positive behaviors, approaches, attitude and commitment to interpersonal service toward customers, visitors, and coworkers.
- Maintain all current required certifications.
- High School diploma or GED. Minimum of 18 years of age.
- CAD or data entry experience with typing speed of at least 35 wpm desired. Prior work experience within the EMS system helpful.
- Current CPR and first aid certification or prior Paramedic or Emergency Medical Technician certification or experience preferred.
- Area knowledge of local geography.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Color Vision: ability to distinguish and identify different colors.
- EMD certificate or previous dispatch experience preferred.